Sunday, April 24, 2011

Water for Elephants



My daughter, Amanda, encouraged me to read the most fantastic book ever. I was skeptical, I was hesitant, but I borrowed her copy and started reading. I was engrossed, I was engaged, I was entertained. I fell in love with this book. The research that the author must have endured is clearly evident in the pages. It was one of those books when you are sorry that there are no more pages to turn, but there is a triumph at the end of the book. Now, the waiting began for the movie to be released.

So in the car we went yesterday to our local theater. I told the man at the window that I wished to pay for two hours with Robert Pattinson. My jokes fell on deaf ears. Don't you just hate it when you are funny and the people around you don't get it? Annoying, but not so much so as to ruin my plans. In line for popcorn despite it is 10:30 am. Peanut butter and jelly, Hansel and Gretel, movies and popcorn. We settle in, the lights so down, previews to endure, and then...the main attraction.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I don't know if there is ever a movie that can take all of the details of a book and portray them onto canvas, but this was close. The details that were left out did not take away from the movie. What was left in was perfect.

I cannot recommend this book and this movie enough...take your Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment