Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Spring!

Welcome Spring, and in celebration of this change in the seasons, I made this wreath for the front door. I love, love, love it! All I had to do was to purchase a grapevine wreath from Michael's using my 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon (love that they will take those coupons). I made a nest using Lolly Chops Mini Birds Nest and Eggs tutorial at http://vimeo.com/19615893 I made a larger nest and the egg that I used was a paper mache egg that I had painted and splattered. The wreath definitely needed something, so I printed out butterfly pictures, trimmed them out, bent the wings where they meet the abdomen for some shape, and voila! A bit of Martha ribbon and we are in business.









Did I say how much I love this wreath?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's absolutely adorable. Can you guess which part's my favorite? [Hint: It's the butterflies. Who would've guessed? lol]

    ReplyDelete